The situation in our community
Nearly a fourth of adults and more than that number of adolescents continue to smoke and die from lung cancer and lung disease caused by smoking.
Our strategy to create better health
Battling cancer includes more than medical research and clinical technology. We take a multi-disciplinary approach and provide programs and education to heal the whole person.
How we are doing this
The Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center and the Methodist Jennie Edmundson Cancer Center sponsor a range of education and community events focused on increasing cancer awareness, and promoting the healing of cancer survivors. Some of these include:
- Relay for Life
- Harper's Hope Cancer Survivorship Program including social services, counseling, risk assessment, physical wellness and nutrition.
- Young Adult Survivor's Network
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Conversations for the Cure